27.5 Ultra Trail Design For 2015
- Adjustable Suspension Travel 5.5 to 6 inch
- 2.3 : 1 Suspension Leverage Ratio
- Foes progressive linkage System
- Unique monocoque Top tube for maximum stiffness
- Double butted 6061 Alloy Hydroformed down Tube
- Frame and shock Weight : 6.8 lb (S size/fox)
- Tapered Head Tube1-1/8ZS , 1.5EX
- Full complement Double Sealed Pivot Bearings
- 68mm BB/shell with 12mm X 142mm rear hub spacing
- 12mm Through Axle with Hanger nut combo
- Replaceable ISCG05 mounting plate
Frame w/Shock Options
FOX Float CTD adjustable Kashima shock - MSRP $2399
Cane Creek Double Barrel AIR shock - MSRP $2649
The F275 is using the 27.5" wheel size.
It falls in between the 26" and 29" wheel. The Acceleration is going to be better than the 29" wheel and not as quick as a 26" wheel bike. Designing the F275 was a challenge because we new there was going to be a lot of competition so the F275 had to be perfect.
The weight difference between the 26" wheel and the 27.5" wheel in not that much compared to the 29" wheel plus you are limited to wheel travel on the 29" wheel bike If you want to keep the cockpit height low as possible. We designed the F275 with our Foes signature monocoque top tube for extra strength and rigidity along with a hydroformed down tube.
The suspension was designed using our progressive linkage system with a 2.3: 1leverage ratio which give you a nice rizing rate in the 5.5" or 6" travel position. The first two prototypes were a learning curve. But after making changes and many hours testing on the trails we finally came up with a design and geometry that works.
If your looking for an aggressive long lasting trail bike that climbs and descends without the big wheel feel than the F275 is the answer...
|275 Trail bike||available|
|Made in the USA||6061 HydroFormed||6"-5.5" Travel||142mm X 12mm T/A|
|Tapered Head Tube||Foes Progressive Linkage||Replaceable ISCG-05|
|2.3 : 1 Leverage Ratio|
|Seat tube Angle||73||73||73|
|Bottom Bracket Height||13.1||13.1||13.1|
|Headtube Diameter||1-1/8"ZS,1-1/2" Taper||1-1/8"ZS,1-1/2" Taper||1-1/8"ZS,1-1/2" Taper|
|Front/DL type||Down swing Direct mount||Down swing Direct mount||Down swing Direct mount|
|142mm x 12mm T/A||st||st||st|